Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I haven't made the best of decision when ever there is a decision placed before me, but I try I really do.  I got talking to a student today,  he was making some wrong choices that was affecting how he was acting and what he was allowed to do.  He said that he wanted to start over tomorrow, so he wasn't going to work today.  No we have to start today, because the choices that we make today are going to affect tomorrow, whether they are good or bad.  Today's  choices will affect tomorrow and possibly farther.  I got thinking, wow somebody should be giving me this talk, maybe someone was giving it to me, and using me as the mouth piece to try and teach myself.  Do you believe in a higher power? I do, and I'm thinking He was trying to talk to me.

Wes

2 comments:

  1. Right on, Wes. Your student is lucky to have his teacher and you are blessed to have yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was trying to help my son do his homework, he kept repeating one thing.. "Ms.___ has us do this work in class, why does she have us repeat this with homework?"
    Repetition is not his strength. He is one of these children that catches on to things quickly, then immediately becomes bored, and feels it's time to move on.
    To calm my frustrated son, I showed him just how much his writing has improved since starting school, and then discussed with him that things have to be repeated in order to learn.
    Then my sweet child looked up at me with those almond shaped eyes of his, and said "but Mom, you don't know what it's like to do homework."

    I thought to myself about how many times Heavenly Father repeats the same challenges "homework" to teach me. It's not that I did not endure the lesson well. It's because I have still have a lot to learn.

    As I read your post, I was reminded of years when I had to go without. I learned that it's not the material object that matters the most, it's the blessings that come from making do, fasting, praying, serving, stretching each penny, and living a simple life.
    So what if one does not have the latest electronics? What's the trade off? Spending time with the family, visiting friends, making a delicious treat with your children, playing games, sports, going for walks, sharing with your children about how much fun and simpler your childhood was... And perhaps, offering your children just a bit of that simplicity.
    The blessings are endless!

    ReplyDelete