Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School ll

Schoolboy receiving bare bottom birching, from...Image via Wikipedia

Back to School night was yesterday for us and I had one jam packed room. If you didn't know I am a teacher, 4th grade. If you are a parent you probally understand and know this. You really don't care what your kids are going to be learning, you care more about the teacher and if they are going to be a compatent teacher for your child. Or are you going to be like this teacher whipping the students the first chance you can.  4th grade really is a fun grade they want to learn.  I asked a ? of why 4th grade was the best one of my students said it was because we would be learning Cursive.    So it is just like the old saying.

They don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

wes
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I home schooled my son last year. It was fun, a bit challenging and yet, met with the likes of a stubborn child who gets bored very easily. Science and Math= fun. Teaching my little offspring how to write proved most difficult.
    Reading was a breeze.
    This year, I decided to introduce my son to the likes of public schooling. Instead of lesson plans, work books, etc, my days are full of silent busy work and anticipation for the end of the school day.
    I know he is in good hands, and is learning many new and wonderful things.

    Since my experience last year, I now have a deeper respect and appreciation for all the hard work teachers put into molding and shaping the minds of our future generations.

    ReplyDelete