Friday, August 13, 2010

A dog named Sheldon

Boys and puppies have a connection.
Our dog recently had puppies and my kids loved that, (I wasn't to thrilled about it, but...). One of the puppies was pretty smart and was able to get out of the pen that I had built for them. This was a smart puppy. So he started running around with my kids and my boy named him Sheldon. He had to have gotten it from his teacher's husband's name. Well my son and this puppy really had a connection, they knew what each other was going to do. My wife and I told our kids that they could keep this puppy if they took care of it. One of our neighbors kids wanted a puppy. What do you know they wanted this Sheldon, I didn't say anything about that he was the one that was named. Like a guy that had to many puppies, I was trying to get rid of them and let them take him. Yes that ended up braking my kids, and especially my boys heart.

Sometimes we as parents forget about what things are important to our kids. I hope that I will become more concerned about their feeling and desires.

Love your kids, and make sure that they know it.

Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment