Monday, January 17, 2011

Parenting through life

     So apparently Helan Hunt doesn't want her daughter to be a child star.  I think that is a good idea.  I would probably do the same thing if I were that rich and famous.  I would want my kids to be away from that type of life and I would make sure that they had a work ethic that almost no one now a day even has a clue about.  I remember as a teenager digging fence posts on my parents 24 acres,  splitting the property in half, it was in the shape of a rectangle and I went the long way.    Over 40 fence posts in one summer.  Some may think that is great others may think that it is torture.  At the time I thought that I had a great work ethic.  I was in England for 2 years on a mission for my church and didn't do much physical labor, but when I did I really missed it.
      Now 10-15 years later I look back, after working with some guys that really know how to work, I think that maybe I could have had a better work ethic.  I don't know, maybe these guys work a little to much, but they work and when it is time to work they work until the job is done.
     So what am I trying to say, well I know that todays work ethic is shot. And there are some great lessons that are taught through hard work.  Yes the movie industry might be hard work but it is a place I don't want my kids in.

wes

No comments:

Post a Comment